Tuesday, April 14, 2009

First time with new toy

At last I have finally made the step to be a part of the blogging community.
My current project involves a big box of wool/alpaca yarn that arrived a couple weeks ago. There it sits, crying out to me. I have a enormous variety of dying techniques and colors swirling in my head. Now here is the problem. Putting all those "BIG" ideas in to action and coming up with a usable yarn that someone will actually want to buy and knit. Have you ever heard the phrase " clown vomit"? I live in fear that all the color combinations that look so good in my mind will ultimately end up being labeled as clown vomit. I guess time will tell and ultimately the fiber enthusiast. If it sells like hot cakes I'll be elated. If not, back in the dye pot it will go for another try. Wish me luck.

1 comment: